Admissions to Reception
Admissions to Reception – Early Years for September 2022
In total we have places for 30 children. Places for the Foundation Stage Class are offered to children in the year in which they have their fifth birthday. Admissions to our school are organised by the Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions team who are contactable on: 0345 045 1370 or via www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk .
Admissions for a place in Foundation 2022 opens in September and the deadline for application is January 15th 2022.
Information from Cambridgeshire County Council Admission page
Apply online for a Reception school place for September 2022
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018, they are due to transfer to primary school in September 2022 and you must have applied for a school place by 15 January 2022. Please note there is no automatic transfer from nursery to Reception. Applications must be made in all cases.
10 September 2021 to 15 January 2022
- Read First Steps: How to apply for a primary school place. This booklet guides you through the process and explains how places are allocated if there are more applications received than places available.
- Apply for a place online (opens 10 September 2021) using the link at the top of the page. You can also apply by using a paper application form, and this is available by calling 0345 045 1370.
15 January 2022 - Deadline for applications
- All online applications must be completed by 11.59pm on 15 January 2022
- All paper applications posted prior to the deadline must be received by 15 January 2022.
- If you apply after this time your application will not be considered until the second round of allocations on 19 May 2022.
January to April 2022
- The Admissions Team will liaise with schools and other authorities to make sure that, where possible, parents receive a single offer for the highest preference school which is able to offer a place.
19 April 2022 - Offer date
- Letters are posted second class to all parents who applied on time. Email notifications are also sent out to those who applied online and requested confirmation by email.
19 April to 2 May 2022
- Places declined by parents are re-allocated to children currently waiting on the school reserve lists.
14 May 2022 - Appeal deadline
- Deadline for parents to submit an appeal if they wish their appeal to be heard by 16 July 2021.
19 May 2022 - Second offer date
- Offers will be made on 19 May 2022 for late applications received between 16 January and 2 May 2022.
June 2022 onwards
- Primary admission appeals take place.
- Your child starts primary school.
Telephone: 0345 045 1370
Fax: 01223 727 941
Children who have a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) that names the school will be admitted. NB. Those children with a statement of special educational needs or education health and care plan that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (S.A.T) to determine an appropriate place.
In the event of a year group being oversubscribed, and after the admission of pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an EHCP where the school is named, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order: -
- A ‘looked after child’ or child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of its social services functions (see definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989.
- Children with a sibling attending the school at the time of application who is reasonably expected to still be attending the school at the proposed time of admission
- Other children by distance from the school with priority for admission being given to those who live nearest to the school as measured by a straight line.